Technology means that long drives with the whole family are not quite the exercise in patience that they once were. Instead of playing endless rounds of I Spy With My Little Eye, tablets and smartphones mean there are a hundred ways to stave off boredom and make the trip just that little bit more bearable – until the next roadside pee stop that is!
Today you have access to loads of entertainment, music, audiobooks, podcasts and games on demand. Take streaming TV from ShowMax for example. Their apps let you download up to 25 series and movies to watch offline for up to 30 days on your Android or Apple tablet or smartphone.
This is super convenient as you don’t have to worry about racking up a mammoth phone bill during your holiday as you can use your home (or office) Wi-Fi before you leave.
While we may not have an actual Easter bunny in the lineup, here’s our pick of five cute and cuddly substitutes available on ShowMax.
- The Adventures of Paddington Bear – We love this cartoon remake of the classic Paddington Bear tales. One thing’s for certain, wherever Paddington goes, there’s sure to be chaos and laughter!
- Care Bears – These sweet little bears were huge in the 80s and now they’re back on screen to delight a whole new generation of youngsters with their fluffy world in the clouds and cute little belly badges.
- Maja the Bee – She may not be quite as fluffy as some of the other characters on our list, but she’s got loads of attitude and a real sense of adventure. Together with her friends, she’s got messages to share about the wonderful world of nature that surrounds us all.
- Shaun the Sheep – Head to the farmyard with this stop-motion animation spin-off series from Wallace and Gromit. Shaun the Sheep is the leader of his flock and he’s up to no good, heading off on crazy adventures in each episode.
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Head on down to the Hundred Acre Hood where beloved characters Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Gopher, Owl, Kanga and Roo land up in all kinds of unexpected situations.