MTN MoMo Launches Additional Services To Help SA During Challenging Times

MTN’s Mobile Money solution, MoMo, has launched some new functionalities aimed at assisting South Africans during challenging economic times. These include the new food...

Latest Posts

SA’s Digital Heritage: Keeping Us Globally Relevant

South Africa’s heritage is not just physical. It is intimately part of the digital world. Digital connectively can enhance the value of that heritage,...

How is Huawei Powering Digital Inclusion with Technology in Africa?

Huawei believes that no one should be left behind in the digital world, so the Chinese telecoms giant developed TECH4ALL. TECH4ALL is a long-term, digital...

Uber Eats Releases South Africa’s Most Loved Traditional Orders

The term local is lekker always rings true in a country as diverse as South Africa, where one is always guaranteed a taste extravaganza....

2021 BMW M3 Competition Sedan and M4 Competition Coupe Revealed

BMW has finally revealed its new M3 and M4 Coupe models that are likely to launch locally towards the middle of 2021. South Africans are...

SA’s Telkom looks to refocus Trudon towards smartphone advertising

South Africa’s largest telephone group Telkom plans to refocus Trudon, a business unit which owns the iconic Yellow Pages phonebook. By Gugu Lourie

Trudon delivers the best local commercial search in South Africa. It also provides affordable, effective advertising and marketing options for the local SME and corporate market. The Johannesburg-based firm have six other branches in South Africa and one branch servicing Namibia.

Telkom owns 64.9% of Trudon. The remaining 35.1% is held by the TruManco consortium.

Sipho Maseko, Telkom CEO, informed investors on Monday that Trudon will be playing in a different space.

“These guys will be playing in a different space all together. They need to really begun to leverage the platform so that they transition the advertising platform away from television and newspapers to smartphone devices,” said Maseko.

Maseko said Trudon should be a preferred mobile Ad exchange network coverage platform and expand omni-channel offerings.

It should establish e-commerce market place and expand their partnerships with the over-the-top services operators.

Telkom expects good returns from Trudon’s new focus on new advertising revenues, contextual advertising and an expanded customer base.

In June 2015, Telkom put up a “for sale” sign for Trudon.

But on Monday, Telkom informed investors that the material conditions precedent of the proposed sale of its stake in Trudon were not met.

Therefore it will no longer be classified as a discontinued operation and has been consolidated into the results from continuing operations for the year to end-March 2016.

Trudon employs 540 people.

Latest Posts

SA’s Digital Heritage: Keeping Us Globally Relevant

South Africa’s heritage is not just physical. It is intimately part of the digital world. Digital connectively can enhance the value of that heritage,...

How is Huawei Powering Digital Inclusion with Technology in Africa?

Huawei believes that no one should be left behind in the digital world, so the Chinese telecoms giant developed TECH4ALL. TECH4ALL is a long-term, digital...

Uber Eats Releases South Africa’s Most Loved Traditional Orders

The term local is lekker always rings true in a country as diverse as South Africa, where one is always guaranteed a taste extravaganza....

2021 BMW M3 Competition Sedan and M4 Competition Coupe Revealed

BMW has finally revealed its new M3 and M4 Coupe models that are likely to launch locally towards the middle of 2021. South Africans are...

Don't Miss

Avon Disrupts the Norms to Create Addictive, Rebellious & Fierce “Far Away Rebel & Diva”

Avon breaks all the rules with Far Away Rebel & Diva. The new launch is the next step in the glamorous bold journey of...

Investec Says Union Must Seek Answers For Phantom Shares from Cell C

Investec has told the Information Communication Technology Union (ICTU) to direct its questions about the Believe Phantom Option Share Scheme for Cell C workers to the...

Union Asks If Blue Label Telecoms Is Using Cell C as a ‘Piggy Bank’

The Information Communication Technology Union (ICTU) wants Blue Label Telecoms to explain how the JSE-listed company can zero rate its stake in Cell C...

Workers at Cell C Want Investec to Explain ‘Sudden Devaluing’ of their Share Scheme

The Information Communication Technology Union (ICTU) has asked Investec to explain the ‘devaluing’ of the "Believe Phantom Option Shares Scheme (Believe Share Scheme)" awarded to Cell...

Spotify’s Discover Weekly Playlists Now Sponsored by Telkom South Africa

Global streaming service Spotify is announcing Telkom South Africa as the first local sponsor of the Discover Weekly playlists for South African users. These sponsorship...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.