Are you operating in Africa, generating revenue and looking to raise your Series A round in the range of $250 00 and $5 million (R69.6 million)?
VC4A is looking for you.
The applications are closing on 31 July.
The initiative is called ‘VC4A Venture Showcase – Serie A’.
This is an exclusive opportunity to introduce your company at once to everyone who’s anyone in Africa’s early-stage investment space.
In 2017-2018, VC4A showcased 30 scale-ups from across the continent as part of the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit, resulting in a number of Series A deals totaling over $15 million.
Selection criteria for VC4A Venture Showcase – Serie A:
Commercial Value of your Product/Service (25%)
Your company addresses a real problem in the market. Your product or service is different from others in the industry. Your business model is new and designed for scale.
Strategy for Growth (25%)
The market size is significant and there is potential to expand locally and into new markets. Your startup is scalable and has a clear strategy for growth. You can show demonstrable progress.
Management Team (25%)
Your team has the qualifications needed to make the business successful.
Market Traction & Financials (25%)
We will evaluate your market traction, revenue streams, and unit economics. If any outside funding has been raised before, it’s a plus.
To be eligible for the showcase, startups must:
- Your company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- You have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale;
- You have a very strong management team of at least 3 people;
- Your team is based in one or more countries on the African continent;
- At least one of the founders has an African nationality;
- You are seeking Series A investment in the range of $250K – $5M;
- While there will be exceptions, mostly likely your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
If you are selected for the Showcase, you are expected to:
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to travel to Cape Town in the period of November 10-16, 2019 to attend the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase.