Huawei has taken its ICT Academies which are run in several South African tertiary institutions, online to ensure that students do not miss out on crucial learning during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Huawei is also offering several incentives to students who complete the training and exam.
“By registering for these courses online, students can make good use of this potentially disruptive period to gain certification from Huawei and make themselves more attractive to employers. Given the uncertainty that lies ahead, this is more valuable than ever,” says Tsholofelo Llale, Huawei’s ICT Talent Development Manager.
“The online training has been very informative. I have learned just as much as I would have learned in a traditional class. This is a great opportunity for us to earn a Huawei International certificate, which will open a lot of job opportunities within the ICT industry – and also get an extra R500.”
Huawei offers several HCIA (Huawei Certified ICT Associate) courses through the online program: Routing and Switching, WLAN, Security, Cloud Computing, Storage, Big Data, IOT and, AI. Huawei has also organized a “Training the Trainer” programme for instructors seeking to get their Huawei Certification.
Two online training options are available to students:
- WeLink Live training: Students can join a class run by a Huawei certified ICT Academy instructor. They will have access to online learning materials, lab practice, discussions, and interactive sessions.
- Online Self Study: Students can download learning material and online tutorials, along with simulation tools, lab guides and mock exams from the Huawei Talent platform (huaweiacad.com).
Huawei is offering the following incentives to encourage students to complete the training and pass the exam:
- A R500 data bundle, to be paid after training.
- One free online exam after training through Huawei e-Learning platform, available to students who pass the mock exam with 80/100 or above.
- R500 cash to students who successfully pass the exam.
Huawei has thus far opened nine Huawei Certified ICT Associate (HCIA) online courses in Routing and Switching. The course launched on the 13th of April 2020, training more than 160 students from Tshwane University of Technology, University of Venda, and Think Tank. Students have been actively participating in online training and have shown great interest in learning more about Huawei certification.
At present, this online training program will be valid until June 2020 – with a new round of registration now open until although this may be extended if necessary.
Ideally, students taking the course should have a good ICT background. For more details regarding the courses and how to register, email Tsholofelo.email@example.com.