I have been using the Crosscall Core-T4 for a few weeks. In that time, I realised that this impressive tablet is more than just an outdoor mobile office for professionals – its also a mobile entertainment centre.
It stands out from its competitors such as CAT S32 and Samsung’s Xatch Pro tablets.
Since I am not employed in agriculture, construction, or mining sectors, my review of the Crosscall Core-T4 tablet is limited to what it can do for me as a tech hack and entertainment junkie.
Yes, we know the Crosscall Core-T4 is touted as a rugged tablet.
During the review, I mostly used the Crosscall Core-T4 to play music, watch movies, and series.
Yesterday, for example, I used the tablet to stream music via the Spotify Music App and YouTube. The battery lasted for five hours.
When I pulled out the ruggedised Crosscall Core-T4 tablet at my local Woolworths shop, other shoppers curiously looked at my “brick-like” tablet.
One shopper asked why I was carrying around a Garmin GPS device.
I took advantage of the curiosity to boast about what the Crosscall Core-T4 tablet can do.
“Extremely versatile, the Crosscall Core-T4 range represents a true modern productivity tool, perfectly adapted to an active daily life,” I proudly stated.
Of course, I memorised the line from the manual.
“A whole entertainment centre is available to you when you’re on the move, on the train, at a hotel, pool, or even the beach,” I said.
“It is both a real outdoor mobile office for professionals and a portable leisure station that can withstand all conditions, even the most turbulent children.”
With its 8-inch screen, Qualcomm 450 processor, 3/32 GB memory, the Core-T4 can be held with one hand, in portrait or landscape mode.
With my small audience captivated, I quickly opened the Netflix app to stream “Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things“.
One lady said: “Wow, this tablet could be good for me to use at home to stream DStv Now while I am cooking,” said an excited lady, adding: “On my way back from work the tablet can be my companion when I am travelling.”
After the Woolworths experience, I could only agree with the sentiments of Cyril Vidal, founder and president of Crosscall, when he says tablets such as Core-T4 are made to meet the needs of users, to fit their lifestyle and to last, no matter what environment it is exposed to.
“Putting the user at the centre of our products’ design and committing to their durability is where the true innovation lies,” assures Vidal.
Core-T4 is a brand that genuinely responds to the needs of every user.
Crosscall, the French brand specialising in outdoor mobile technology, is increasingly recognised in both professional and consumer markets for the durability of its products.
Today, Crosscall is aiming at an increasingly broad customer base, who want a different kind of phone, with a longer life span and which is adaptable to all types of daily activities.
Some impressed shoppers at Woolworths took an interest in the brand like ducks to water.
They wanted to know from where and when the Core-T4 tablet could be bought.
I told them the Core-T4 tablet is already available at Vodacom and MTN and via other channels.
For more sales outlets click here.
The tablet is available for R9,499 and comes with an industry-first a 3-year warranty.
The Core-T4 proved in the small sample of shoppers that it has fans out there who are not necessarily professional workers.
It is also safe and durable enough for children to use.
My son enjoyed downloading and playing games on the tablet such as MineCraft, Groovepad, and Touchdown Master.
It features WIFI and 4G+ connectivity that allows the user to be responsive wherever they are, without fear of running out of battery power.
During my test run, the battery power lasted the whole day and I also found out that the tablet comes with a 7000 mAh battery, enough to easily withstand a day of continuous use of emails, YouTube, or web browsing.
Finally, Core-T4 is a great tablet that could satisfy the most demanding everyday users.
Important Things to Note
- Battery life can be extended with the X-POWER power bank via the X-LINKTM attachment.
- The Core-T4 comes with a 7000 mAh battery, enough to easily withstand a day of continuous use of emails, YouTube, or web browsing.
- To meet the needs of the most demanding professions, the Core-T4 has 4G+, with a speed up to 2x faster than 4G.
- Its large 8” screen provides reading comfort and ergonomics, especially when you need to connect or access your data in difficult places.
- Its dual SIM drawer AND its micro SD slot mean you can remain in touch for work. With
- Core-T4 is the first tablet on the market to be certified AER (Android Enterprise Recommended) by Google
- The Core-T4 is equipped with a 13Mpix camera and is waterproof resistant means you can even take pictures underwater!
- The Wet Touch and Glove Touch functions, which are popular in professional outdoor environments, are equally useful in everyday life, when it rains, when your hands are wet or when you wear gloves.
- Thanks to its 2 programmable buttons, the professional can assign a push-to-talk application to use his smartphone as a walkie-talkie.