Telkom is looking for fresh local content creators to contribute content to and have it featured on its new video service called TelkomONE – the streaming platform that celebrates local talent.
TelkomONE is the latest product offering by Telkom expected to launch in November 2020 and will boast a bouquet of local content including music, education and series.
“TelkomONE is a proudly local and South African service and naturally, we want to host and showcase outstanding content by content producers from our very own shores, including filmmakers, videographers, writers and directors on the platform,” said Wanda Mkhize – Telkom Executive Smart Home & Content.
“To this end, we have created a competition under the hashtag #OpenUpTheIndustry where such content producers wishing to be noticed can enter for an amazing opportunity to not only win cash prizes to assist them with their content production, but to also have their final body of work featured on our platform for viewing by our audience.”
There are three main genres that content producers may enter their work into for consideration to walk away with a R100 000 cash injection each into the production of their project: Mobivelas, Comedy and Lifesyle.
- Mobivela is a Telenovela for Mobile and the entrants will be judged on their ability to capture and tell a real and original short-story. Telenovela’s are characterised by a continuing melodramatic storyline and permanent cast. The ultimate winner should demonstrate the ability to make viewers see themselves in the cast/characters.
- Comedy: In this category the judges will be looking for an individual with the talent to make viewers laugh through great story-telling leveraging relatable moments. The type of comedy may vary from stand-up performance, Parody, and Spoof right through to Satire.
- Lifestyle: Here the panel will scrutinize concepts ranging from, and not limited to a magazine show, cooking, travel, exercise or edutainment content. The deciding factor will be the content producer’s ability to provide good escapism to viewers looking to be inspired and entertained.
#OpenUpTheIndustry is open to both amateur or professional content producers.
How to Enter:
- The Competition will run from 12 October 2020 to 30 November 2020 at 18:00pm
- Content producers must be 18 years and older to enter
- Entrants are required to shoot and submit a minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 short-form (5-10 mins) clips as entry into one of the three genres via www.create.telkomone.tv
- Entrants will be required to supply the following information relating to their content: Content title/ Name; Description; Entry category; Video upload; Supporting documents and Contact details
- Acceptance of the full Terms and Condititions (viewable on www.create.telkomone.tv) of the competion is required.
The submissions will be available on TelkomONE after curation for South Africans to view.
TelkomONE will be available on Web, App and Streaming Box and comes in daily, weekly and monthly subscription packages over and above a free section with a wide range of TV channels available to customers from most major networks.
For more information about Telkom products, visit www.telkom.co.za, follow Telkom on Twitter @TelkomZA and our page on Facebook.